Welcome to Granny's Baby Blog

Great place to blog about all things concerning babies, toddlers and young children.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Potty Mouths

I just read the most interesting article on how toddler's , at one time or another, come up with the word "poop" and think it is hilarious.  This is definitely the case with my three year old grandson.  He just thinks that word is so funny and should be used all the time.  I think he realizes what it means and really gets my attention when he uses it.  This article suggests that when a toddler is using the word, that you should tell him or her that bathroom talk like "poop" can only be used in the bathroom.  So,  send him or her to the bathroom and let them say "poop" all they want to.  This will give them an outlet and eventually they will get bored with the topic, since their only audience will be the toilet.  Sounds wacky, but I think I will give that a try when the word "poop" comes up again while I am taking care of him.   HAAAA!!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Think twice before you try that approach. An unsupervised toddler in a bathroom could be a real disaster.

I don't remember if my daughter did that, but my granddaughter did. If you don't react to the word, it will loose a lot of it's appeal.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Here's my latest post:

Manic Monday

Monique said...

Too funny!