Welcome to Granny's Baby Blog

Great place to blog about all things concerning babies, toddlers and young children.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kids, Buttons and Dials

What is so fascinating to babies and toddlers about buttons.  My three year old grandson is fascinated with buttons.  Probably because pushing them results in either noise, lights, or something else.  He is equally fascinated with dials.  He likes to push the buttons on my car dashboard.  He points out to me that some are buttons and others are "turning around things" (dials).  I have a chair in my garage next to the door into the house.  He has learned to push that chair up to the wall that has the garage door opener on it.  Thank goodness it makes noise when it opens, otherwise, I wouldn't know that he has opened the garage door to get into the front yard.  I have handle guards on all the doors, but they are useless now because he has learned to get them off and open any door.  Good thing my hearing hasn't gone yet.  This happens when I am caring for my husband and can't pay attention to him for a few minutes.  Even though it gets hard sometimes to watch every move my grandson makes, it is still a joy to watch his llittle mind figure out how to do things at such a young age.

1 comment:

Jill - Sconces said...

Love this post! A happy holiday shopping season to you.